Saturday 27 February 2016

Living in Fear: Perennial Wars



        Working in healthcare gives you enough opportunity to get acquainted with the panic, fear, chaos and death but it all happens in sort of civilized and controlled environment. No matter how composed you consider yourself, things tend to go out of control more often than you can imagine. The world around us seems to me crumbling upon itself but are thing actually as bad as it appears on news channels. For all those who have not seen the chaos inside these riots happening around us...I would pray that they never get to see it and for those who had...maybe even god cannot do enough for them. 



          The riots and lawlessness gripping the national capital region is probably the worst thing that has happened in recent times. Hearts drenched in fear, eyes oozing with sorrow, the tragic first person accounts and all that negativity smeared over the media, it gives me chills. I thought I could feel their pain but I was mistaken.


         I watched a movie today which I did not know existed till now and it shook me. This movie ‘Firaaq’ depicts the aftermath of Gujarat riots without being politically biased and it is spot on. You have to watch it to feel these riots from the inside and how they affected the lives of thousands of innocent people who had nothing to do with the violence. This movie is an honest attempt to sensitize the masses and the powerful performances of exceptional actors makes it believable. I would recommend this movie to each and everyone because if it cannot move you...nothing will and that would be the ultimate doomsday, the end of civilization. 


दुनिया में कितना ग़म है, मेरा ग़म कितना कम है ;

जलता वो घर मेरा है नहीं, ये पागलपन मेरा भ्रम है ;

हम लाख सही पर एक हैं हम, तन्हा होकर हम क्या हम हैं ;

के आओ थाम लें हम हाथ उनका, जिनकी गुम है हँसी और आँखें नम है ||


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda. This week’s WOW prompt is – ‘My Doomsday Moment’

No comments:

Post a Comment